RPG Nightcup #6
ESL will be hosting a new RPG Cup on Saturday 15th Ferbruary at 20:00 CET. Signup open until 19:30 CET: http://www.esl.eu/eu/tm2_stadium/1on1/rpg/nc_6/signup/
In order to take part in this Nightcup, you have to install the Trackmania 2 RPG Title Pack! Type in the Maniaplanet browser: TrackManiaRPG and click on “download”.
Nascar Cup #1
The first edition of the Nascar championship is starting on Sunday 16th February at 30:30 CET. Registration is over but you can follow matches on ESL.
Hylis, the Nadeo CEO, has given information about the Maniaplanet Update # 3 on the maniaplanet forums.
The schedule would be the following one:
- In March, one update based on making the existing game & system more solid, quick fixes updates after and starting the beta for the Action maker.
- In April, for the first anniversary of Shootmania, release the universal demo maniaplanet.
The update content should be the following one:
- most popular titles listed & simply downloadable
- a better navigation interface (quick overlays on all station & calling the stations menu from anywhere)
- improved Maniaplanet UI (buddies, loading time, quit/minimize shortcuts)
- mixmapping & new blocs for Shootmania
- action maker & improved AI capacities
- NetVision, a layer over the netcode to have maximum speed of vision of other players in Shootmania
- a small innovation into Shootmania gameplay that can ask some more skill to master
- a simple new mode for TM2, made for the only multi-environment title that will support Maniaplanet 3 atm.
- more capacities for items (lights, checkpoints)
- more capacities for scripting (playsound, minimaps, optimizations)
- universal demo (basically play 1 hour of SM per day for free or 3×20 mn of TM2, but that may change over time)
The goal is really to empower the players and to open the access to Maniaplanet to increase the number of players.
You can read the full message of Hylis on the maniaplanet forums and share your feedbacks on the forums.
This Friday, 31 January, at 8PM CET / 2PM EST the fifth ESL TrackMania RPG Cup will be taking place. The race will be on the TrackMania RPG track Wounder by Basbaas and can be downloaded HERE.
Signups are still available on the ESL site, so head over there and compete in one of the most creative community built titlepacks.
It will also be live streamed in English on Team Acer’s frostBeule’s Twitch.TV Channel, so you can still watch it even if you’re not in game.
For more information on the community created TrackMania RPG titlepack and how to download it, check out this awesome write-up on Mania-Actu.
The votes have been counted, and we have our winners of the 10th Anniversary Contest! Voted by YOU the players and a select committee, we have had three rounds of voting and some AMAZING creations from this amazing community.
We want to personally thank everyone who submitted, voted, and raced on the winning tracks.
Track Contest Winners
“Tinderbox” by Basbaas
“Ausgeflippt” by Marius89
“Mixed Passions” by Remo
The Player’s Vote went to Harrison for the track “Lucky Day”
You can download these skins by going entering in “ManiaPlanet-store” in the manialink address bar ingame.
Car/Skin Contest Winners
“ManiaBlue” by Fantaribo
“GreenBeast” by SuperP
“SC_DirtyMP” by tombuilder
The Player’s Vote went to tombuilder for the skin “SC_DirtyMP”
Video Contest Winners
“The Journey” by DarkPuddle
“10 years in video markers eyes” by Meuh
“Pure Awesomeness” by DaniXks
The Player’s Vote went to DarkPuddle for the video “The Journey”
Thank you for a wonderful 10 years!
Today we continue our Community Spotlight with MrA from ManiaExchange!
We have been highlighting some of the most dedicated community websites and members all month long. These members and communities are the backbone of the ManiaPlanet family, and we are forever grateful for them and all of you out there.
As part of our continued Community Spotlight, we have today SadHik from ManiaPark!
For those of you who do not know, we have been highlighting some of the most dedicated community websites and members, all of which have been helping to promote ManiaPlanet and our players for years.
We started off our Community Spotlight series by interviewing ManiaActu for our first event, and we will be having more all month. Stay Tuned!
As some of you may know, there are several members of our community who are deeply involved with ManiaPlanet, who have worked long and hard as both advocates of our games and for the people who play them.
That’s why, starting today, we’re going to begin highlighting some of the most dedicated community websites and members, all of which have been helping to promote ManiaPlanet and our players for years.
We’ll be starting with ManiaActu and Jonthekiller, who was kind enough to answer some questions about himself and his site.
We have some exciting news to announce – for one week only, get some of your favorite ManiaPlanet titles on sale on uPlay and our store!
From today until August 18th, you can get TrackMania² Canyon, TrackMania² Stadium and ShootMania Storm at 50%. You will have until 11:59 PM [CEST for UK/Europe, PDT for North America] to take advantage of this offer.
Remember that you can also use the keys on Steam!
So head to uPlay or our store to enjoy this limited offer!
Have fun and see you ingame!
Interested in featuring TrackMania² at your local LAN competition? Want to hold an online tournament for Shootmania Storm? Know of any other kind of event where you’d like to see ManiaPlanet featured? We’d love to help! Nadeo and Ubisoft are looking to help support community and local gaming events, whether it’s simply by spreading the word, sponsoring a booth or exhibit, or providing some awesome ManiaPlanet prizing such as:
- Access to ShootMania/TrackMania Accounts to use for your Event
- Promotional Material, including Banners and Signs.
- 7-Day Trial Keys
- Miscellaneous “Swag” Prizing [T-Shirts, Bags, etc.] – Currently ShootMania Only
- Full Retail Keys of ManiaPlanet Titles
- Advertisement on our official channels, including Facebook, Twitter and In-Game
If this sounds like something you’d [or someone you know of] would be interested in, be sure to contact us at: ManiaPlanet@Ubisoft.com.
We are happy to help support events of all sizes, in both North America and Europe. Please note that the availability of prizing and promotional material may be dependent on the size and time frame of the event.